Brent Weaver built his first website at 15, and created his first web-design business at 17. That company grew into a successful, 14-person web agency that was acquired in 2012. Since then has helped thousands of other web professionals master business skills through UGURUS.com, his business school for digital agencies. He creates educational programs that help agency owners work on their business to drive additional revenues, increase profits, and create freedom in their life.
In this episode of Data Beats Opinion, Brent and Keith discuss:
- Understanding what data to look at, interpreting it correctly and following what the data tells you you should do, even when it feels uncomfortable
- How to decide when a marketing campaign isn’t working
- What your weekly scorecard should look like and why it’s important to have this data
- Drilling your goals down to one simple idea that your team can rally behind
- Using data to help clients decide on where to focus their energy first
- Risk tolerance, monthly spend threshold and deciding when to move on what the data is telling you
- The most important info to know to improve lead generation
You can find Brent at:
Ryan Stewart started his career working for large consulting companies with clients like Target, Best Buy and Bayer, before branching out to start his own growth marketing agency. He’s now the founder of TheBlueprint.training, sharing the systems, processes and tactics he’s used to scale his agencies to 8 figures in revenue. Ryan has a ton of digital marketing experience and had a lot to share during his time on Data Beats Opinion.
Ryan sat down with Keith to discuss:
- The effectiveness of Facebook’s algorithm and why the biggest variable now is content
- Using data as a driver when developing successful Facebook Ads
- Engaging and warming up audiences before re-marketing to them
- Understanding the motivations that draw people to different networks and how that influences the effectiveness of digital marketing
- The online channel posing a big advertising opportunity
- Consistently switching up creative to keep ads fresh
- The metrics Ryan looks at to gauge the success of his ads
- The app Ryan’s launching this summer that allows you to bring your APIs right to BigQuery and pipe in the data that you need.
Find Ryan at:
Val Geisler helps SaaS and subscription-based e-Commerce brands use email to strategically convert leads, retain customers long term, and close more monthly recurring revenue. Her passion is great email copy, crafting email marketing strategy and helping businesses reduce churn and increase customer happiness. Val is amazing at customer retention and customer communication and I’m super happy to have her on the show.
In this interview with Val, we discuss:
- The metrics you should know when it comes to your email marketing
- The benefits of using consultants to scale your SaaS business
- The importance of asking ‘why’ a lot when it comes to understanding your data
- The role of building brand affinity to reduce customer churn
- How to build strong connections with your customers through your onboarding flow
- Adding a personalized touch to your onboarding to make your customers feel cared about
You can find Val at:
Jevin Maltais is a software engineer who has hired and managed over 50 remote people over the past decade. He now helps traditional companies become remote so that they can take advantage of the global workforce and lead happier and more productive teams.
He joins Keith to share his expertise on managerial hiring, specifically when it comes to remote teams.
In this talk with Keith, Jevin discusses:
- Why hiring the best people probably means working with them remotely
- How offering remote work helps you attract talented people in senior roles
- Building relationships and your company culture when your whole team is remote
- The challenges of ‘hybrid’ teams
- Some of the mistakes team leaders make that damage their relationship with a remote worker
- The importance of ‘over communication’ for the success of remote teams
- Tactics you can use to help engage your whole team and build comradery
- The value of planning remote team hang outs on company time
- The warning signs and good signs to look for when hiring remote workers
- Resources for managers leading remote teams
Connect with Jevin:
Kurt Elster is the CEO & Co-Founder of Ethercyle, an ecommerce consultancy for Shopify Merchants, as well as the host of The Unoffical Shopify Podcast.
Through his consulting work, Kurt has a unique view into the trends that are performing well in online marketing. He understands how to help his clients differentiate themselves, so they stand out and make sales, in this world of ever diminishing return on ad spends.
In this interview with Kurt, you’ll learn:
- the importance and impact of novelty
- the effectiveness of combining community building with media creation and product launches
- the offer that got people’s attention on Black Friday / Cyber Monday
- how to stand out online
- just how successful ROA is on SMS
- the importance of knowing you’re not necessarily your own best customer
- the key to competing with the big brands
You can find Kurt at: